Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I. Love. My. Job.

Today is day 2 as the Metadata and Digital Initiatives Librarian at Wichita State's Ablah Library. I've got a better grasp of what is expected of me, and I can't wait to get my hands dirty.

I didn't expect too much as far as cataloguing, but I will get to do quite a bit. When I started on my masters degree, I never thought that I would want to get into the cataloguing part of the job. I focused a lot on more I(nstitutional) R(epository) type of stuff. At first I was terrified at the thought of being let loose in the realm of the Catalogue. However, I have a lot of support to help me along the way, so I feel less apprehensive and much more ready for the new skill set that I will be taking on in the morning.

For now, I leave you with BlöödHag's 'Ray Bradbury'. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ul-AWTCkM

2 comments: