Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Traveling Adventures

Hello, dear readers. I'm writing this in the banquet room of the hotel Andrew, Clair, Art, and I will be staying in this evening...and possibly tomorrow...only time will tell.

The roads from Sinclair, WY all the way to Cheyenne were closed yesterday due to winter storm Yogi. What a name....if we'd only brought our pic-a-nic basket maybe we could have appeased it. We turned around and head back to Rawlins. I'm pretty sure we ended up getting the last two hotel rooms in the town, and I cannot recommend the place. Unless you want to spend a sleepless night in a dingy, stinky room...then go for it. I had to keep telling myself we would make it. I know I have lived in worse environments. At that time, however, I was a smoker and had no sense of smell!

Despite my complaints, it has been a good trip overall. I'm just impatient to get to our new home. We have new Ikea furniture that needs assembling!

Hopefully we will be on our way to Wichita very soon. For the time being, we are safe, warm, and mostly happy. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment